Today we’re pleased to announce “Support for the creative mind” a wedding photography course of mentoring for photographers with an interest in creative wedding photojournalism.
As introverts ourselves we know only too well that the idea of large wedding photography workshops can be intimidating and overwhelming- especially for those in the early stages of their careers. We also understand the benefits of forging strong relationships with others in the industry, primarily other photographers. Wedding photography isn’t something you can learn through a formal and structured wedding photography course.
We’ve therefore set to introduce a more personal approach- offering ongoing support and individually tailored programmes for those hoping to take their business to the next level. For some that means just getting started. For others it’s making a transition, changing course or seeking help to identify their ideal client for example.
Some of the key benefits of mentoring vs wedding photography workshops and wedding photography courses or training are:
- One on one support: Or in our case, two on one. You get both of us i’m afraid!
- Flexibility: Dates, times and locations to suit you. If you can’t make it in person, skype or email is great too.
- Adaptability: No set programmes. Content is totally up to you and can change as and when you like according to your needs.
- It’s ongoing: It doesn’t just have to be a one off and you don’t have to try and cover everything in one chunk. This means you’re more likely to retain information and actually put the things you’ve learned into action.
- There’s no competition element: If you’re shy, or not a gear head, this might be a really big deal for you. It’s a safe, private environment.
- Cost: Because it’s not a large scale event we don’t have overheads to cover- which can make mentoring more accessible for some.
If you feel that you could benefit from ongoing support to help establish, develop or grow your business, we would love to hear from you. You can read more on our website, which you can find here.
Just some of the areas we can help with:
Helping you to establish where you want to be vs where you currently are.
Suggesting positive steps to help you work towards and achieve the goals/dreams you have with regards to your photography
Portfolio or website evaluation and feedback
Helping to select a portfolio that best represents your style and brand
Advice on workflow and editing
Sharing personal experience, techniques, preferred methods, equipment etc (we have a special interest in off camera flash and lighting techniques)
In depth accounts of how we work on a wedding day (with timings if required)
Encouragement and support
Help figuring out pricing, email responses, establishing who your ideal client is etc